Global Supply Chain Manager
Title: Global Supply Chain Manager
Reports To: Director of Supply Chain
Location: Beaverton, OR
This supply chain position will manage distribution and demand planning management for the Kemflo operating companies with a heavy emphasis on global demand management providing day-to-day tactical direction, coordination and exceptional customer service. In addition, this role will lead and support distribution operations and cross business demand planning activities across the organization. This position works closely with existing customers, third party logistics & distribution providers, and also leads internal communications and follow-up to ensure flawless execution. Other key aspects of this position contribute to achieving and sustaining the Yakima Strategic Business Plan and Initiatives, global competitive advantage, and profitable market growth strategy.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Manage global demand management activities and strategic initiatives across Yakima.
- Manage distribution center operations.
- Lead and manage Distribution Resource Planning activities for all sourced finished good production.
- Control inventory to appropriate levels consistent with SIOP requirements to meet business needs.
- Work closely with sales and product management to ensure the purchasing and production forecast are in line with sales, marketing and product management expectations.
- Develop, implement, and report key performance indicators, metrics, and other key supply chain analytics.
- Direct/Manage the activities of Supply Chain staff, foster their professional development and growth, provide advice and counsel on technical matters, and promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Manage and lead the global distribution resource plan to optimize customer fill rates.
- Communicate and resolve issues and concerns raised by customers, field, and headquarters regarding order status, product, delivery dates, and complaints.
- Communicate recommendations that support key business functions in a fast paced organization.
- Develop key performance indicators, metrics, and other key supply chain analytics as directed.
- Monitor and manage inventory levels, identifying strategies and techniques to maintain desired levels, reducing surplus/obsolete materials and minimizing product costs.
- Forecast future demand for products based on historical trends and expected volume, including evaluating lead times, supplier capacity, minimum order quantities, and set parameters such as safety stock levels, re-order points, delivery frequency and transfer batch size to ensure adequate supplies.
- Intervene when necessary to expedite deliveries and/or find alternative solutions.
- Continuously improve forecasting methods, tools, and approaches.
- Oversee all activities related to the planning and preparation of local production in Nanjing, China and other global sources.
- Manage imported and domestic supplied inventories and adjust to seasonal levels to assure customer satisfaction and minimize working capital impact.
- Function as a key member on the Supply Chain Team in leading and demonstrating Yakima’s Core values while ensuring daily business and customer service objectives are achieved.
- Administer, budget, monitor, and report on use of company resources as required.
- Adhere to required health and safety regulations and practices.
- Design and implement continuous improvement of various monitoring, measurement and reporting metric systems.
- Carry out other duties, responsibilities, and projects as may be assigned, in an effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, majoring in Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, Logistics, or Business Administration or related field equivalent; MBA preferred.
- APICS certification or in process is desired.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Logistics or Supply Chain field, preferably international based logistics.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Written and Oral Skills: English mandatory. Bilingual fluency in Mandarin Chinese preferred.
- Intermediate level with P.C.’s: Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook; PowerPoint and working knowledge of Access databases including querying and creating.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Five (5) years in effectively prioritizing and managing work.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, accept new ideas and input positively, and be open to new work approaches and processes.
- Five (5) years’ experience working independently.
- U.S. citizen or must possess valid INS Green Card.
- Must possess a valid passport and ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with no major violations within the last five (5) years.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to perform general office and administrative duties: copying, filing, using a telephone, etc.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to safely lift, carry, and move up to 30lbs, occasionally.
- Must have corrected vision to 20/30.
- Must not be color blind.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
- Travel as required approximately 35% of time domestic and 10% international.
- Must be able to travel domestically and/or internationally via commercial carrier.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Contributing to Team Success
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Facilitating Change
- Information Monitoring
- Initiating Action
- Managing Conflict
- Managing Work
- Planning & Organization
- Quality Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
Comprehensive benefit package provided
To apply for this position please submit your resume and salary requirements to SupplyChain@Yakima.com