For the couple that loves to bike together, there’s the SideWinder. Featuring a swing out arm allowing one person to load a tandem bike with ease. Fork-mount style that won’t interfere with most hatchbacks.
- Swing-out arm allows one person to load a bicycle for two
- Holds tandems more securely than wheel-tray designs
- Won't interfere with most hatchbacks or flip-up rear doors
- Padded boom cradle and quick-release straps protect bottom-mounted cables
- Includes handlebar strap for extra stability
- Fits round or square crossbars
- Secure and lockable skewer with integrated adjustment knob for single-handed, easy access (SKS Lock Cores sold separately)
Learn more about Product features and installationDownload Instructions
- Weight: 18.50 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 56.00" X W 8.00" X H 12.00"
- Capacity: 1
Q: Is it ok to mount the Sidewinder Facing the rear of my vehicle?
Q: Can you mount a standard single-person bike in the sidewinder? A: No. This rack was designed specifically for tandem bicycles and hasn’t been tested with standard bikes, so we cannot recommend it.
Q: Is the stabilizing strap available separately? A: Not at this time, but the same function can be achieved with webbing or bungee cords.
Q: What is the “easy loading” feature to the sidewinder? A: The mounting arm swings out to the side so that the bike can be raised on its back wheel while the front fork is set into the mount. Once the fork is set and secured with the skewer, it is only a matter of lifting the rear end of the tandem and placing it into the rear cradle.
You can order replacement parts from your local Yakima dealer , or directly from us by calling our Consumer Sales Representatives at 888.925.4621.
BOA REAR WHEEL STRAP
HULLY ROLLERS HARDWARE
SIDEWINDER MOUNTING KIT
SPROCKETROCKET SKEWER ROD
STRAP PAD SIDEWINDER
SIDEWINDER STABILIZER STRAP