This rooftop cargo box isn’t as long as the others, but still has 16 cubic feet of glorious cargo space. So the SkyBox Pro 16 is great for vehicles with shorter roofs. It comes with an integrated track system, cargo net and base pad to organize and protect your gear. Quick-installation hardware mounts to your car rack system in a matter of seconds without any tools. Plus, it has a gorgeous onyx finish. It’s certain to incite envy in neighbors, family members, friends, enemies, house pets and random strangers. So pick one up today, and start experiencing the feeling of gear-hauling satisfaction only owners of Yakima rooftop cargo boxes know.
- Gorgeous new glossy black onyx pro series finish
- The new lid is 50% stiffer than our other boxes, so it vibrates less and is easier to open and shut one-handed
- New lid shape is easy to grab onto, even if you have particularly clumsy meathooks
- Super Latch Security ensures your lid is secure to its base, and your stuff is safe
- Quick-installation mounting hardware fits car rack systems with round, square and most factory crossbars
- New aerodynamic shape reduces wind
- Fits crossbar spreads as short as 24”
- Includes gear-management net and cargo pad to secure and protect gear
- SKS locks included standard
- 16 cubic feet (81” x 36” x 15”)
- Can hold up to 215cm skis. Max ski length indicated. Actual fit will vary depending on ski shape / style and manufacturer.
MSRP $599.00 USD
Q: What is the box made out of?A: ABS Plastic. We use ABS instead of fiberglass because it is lighter and less expensive, while still being really strong (=maximum value). Light weight is important because the lighter the box is, the more weight you can put into it.
Q: Will it fit on my factory rack?
A: We have done extensive testing on factory racks to see which ones are strong enough to handle a luggage box. We have also redesigned the mounting hardware to fit a variety of different crossbar shapes. Look in the Fit List to see if the RocketBox boxes are options in the list of accessories for your vehicle.
Q: Will it fit on my vehicle?
A: Different vehicles have different capacities. We need to consider weight capacity, crossbar spread, wind lift and other factors to answer that. Look in the Fit List to see if the Rocketbox boxes are options in the list of accessories for your vehicle.
Q: Can I drill new mounting holes in my gear box?
A: This is not a good idea. The mounting holes in all of the gear boxes are positioned to optimize durability and compatibility with appropriate crossbar spreads. Drilling holes to mount a box in some other way could compromise its design, not to mention, void the warranty.