Get your friends in the car and your gear into a SkyBox. Versatile, yet sleek and aerodynamically designed to reduce drag and wind noise. Internal lid stiffeners add rigidity while the SuperLatch™ ensures security. Quick-release mounting hardware fits most crossbars.
- Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag
- Ideal for longer loads, and won’t hog your crossbar space.
- Perfect for hauling gear for up to 2 campers. Great for snowboards and skis up to 215cm.
- Designed with internal lid stiffeners for added rigidity
- SuperLatch™ security ensures your lid is secure to its base, and your gear is safe
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle
- Rear of cargo box tapered for improved hatch clearance
- Optional gear-management Cargo Net to secure gear (sold separately)
- Comes in 12, 16, 18 and 21 cubic feet. Matte black textured finish.
- SKS Lock Cores included
- Weight: 41.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 92.00" X W 24.00" X H 16.00"
- Capacity: 12
A: What is the box made out of?
Q: ABS Plastic. We use ABS instead of fiberglass because it is lighter and less expensive, while still being really strong (=maximum value). Light weight is important because the lighter the box is, the more weight you can put into it. A: Will it fit on my factory rack?
Q: We have done extensive testing on factory racks to see which ones are strong enough to handle a luggage box. We have also redesigned the mounting hardware to fit a variety of different crossbar shapes. Look in the Fit List to see if the RocketBox boxes are options in the list of accessories for your vehicle. A: Will it fit on my vehicle?
Q: Different vehicles have different capacities. We need to consider weight capacity, crossbar spread, wind lift and other factors to answer that. Look in the Fit List to see if the Rocketbox boxes are options in the list of accessories for your vehicle. A: Can I drill new mounting holes in my gear box?
Q: What is the difference between SkyBox Pro, SkyBox Carbonite and SkyBox? A: The only difference between the Skyboxes is the look of the lid and the price. The original Skybox has slightly textured matte black finish. The Skybox Carbonite has a black dimpled surface resembling a golf ball. The Skybox PRO has two glossy color options: Onyx (black) and Titanium (dark gray). The boxes are all made of high quality durable ABS plastic. The primary difference in the SkyBox PRO is in the high gloss automotive finish. The locks, mounting hardware, bases and lid supports are the same on each SkyBox regardless of the finish on the lid.
You can order replacement parts from your local Yakima dealer , or directly from us by calling our Consumer Sales Representatives at 888.925.4621.
RPL BALE PAD PRO SERIES
RPL MOUNTING HARDWARE
RPL LID SUPP PLATINUM
RPL CAM PAD MOUNTING HDW
RPL LID SUPP REAR SKYBOX
RPL SEAL STRIP SET LNG
RPL BRRL NUT/PIN
RPL SUPP REAR(12 16)
RPL SUPP FRONT(12 16)