Friends will double-take when they see our most versatile, aerodynamic bike mount on your car. It carries your complete bike — no wheel removal needed. The universal mounting system fits nearly any crossbars you can think of.
- Universal built-in hardware fits round, square, factory and aerodynamic crossbars right out of the box
- Zero contact with the bike frame. Accommodates disc brakes, thru axles and full suspension.
- Carries your complete bike – no front wheel removal necessary
- Holds the bike upright while you secure the bike to the mount
- No tools or assembly required for quick and easy install
- Fits 20” to 29” wheels, mountain and road bike wheels (except tandems and recumbents)
- Integrated cable lock secures bike to rack with a SKS Lock Core and will also lock to your vehicle with an additional SKS Lock Core (both sold separately)
Learn more about Product features and installationDownload Instructions
- Weight: 13.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 56.00" X W 7.00" X H 7.50"
- Capacity: 1
Q: Can I go through the car wash?
A: We definitely recommend that you wash your car now and again and even your rack, but not when the rack is attached to you car because that could cause some serious damage.
Q: Does the FrontLoader lock? A: Yes, the FrontLoader will lock your bike and you can lock the rack to the crossbar. Requires a 2-pack of SKS Lock Cores.
Q: What bikes will work with the FrontLoader? A: Bikes with 20-29" wheel sizes.
Q: I need to carry several bikes. Can I place bikes on the car backwards to get more space? A: Yes, just remember to turn the bike around before riding it.
Q: What maintenance is required? A: Maintenance is important to keep it working properly and to help it last longer. Apply grease to nuts, screws, and bolts. Lubricate locks with graphite. Remove the rack when not in use. Clean the rack periodically, especially in marine environments and where road salt is used.
Q: How much space does it need? How many can I carry? A: That depends on the bikes and vehicle. First check the Fit List to see if there are any specific limitations for your vehicle (when using the online Rack Configurator bike mounts may not be offered or a load limit will be stated in the notes at the end of the process). In general, you will need about 12 inches of crossbar per bike when mounting them alternately front and rear facing. Barring any other restriction practical limit is usually 4 bikes.
Q: Can I use a fairing with the FrontLoader? A: It may be necessary to mount the FrontLoader backwards when using a fairing in some applications.
Q: What if I want a longer wheelstrap for my ForkLift or FrontLoader? A: You can use the wheelstrap from the HoldUp (sold as a replacement part).
Q: What is the max size tire I can fit in my FrontLoader? A: The Yakima FrontLoader was designed and tested to work with tires up to 2.5 inches in width.
Q: Can I carry my fat bike in the FrontLoader if I let some air out of my tires? A: Unequivocally, NO.
You can order replacement parts from your local Yakima dealer , or directly from us by calling our Consumer Sales Representatives at 888.925.4621.
RPL ASSY TRAY FORKLIFT
RPL PADS FORKLIFT
RPL ENDCAP STEEL TRAY
RPL WHLSTRP FTF UPRT
RPL BAIL ADAPTER
RPL CLMP ASSY REAR FL/FL
Extended RPL Wheelstrap
RPL KN FRONTLOADER
RPL HDW CLMP FRONTLOADER