Get your friends in the car and your gear into a SkyBox. Versatile, yet sleek and aerodynamically designed to reduce drag and wind noise. Internal lid stiffeners add rigidity while the SuperLatch™ ensures security. Quick-release mounting hardware fits most crossbars.
- Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag
- Ideal for longer loads, and won’t hog your crossbar space.
- Perfect for hauling gear for up to 2 campers. Great for snowboards and skis up to 215cm.
- Designed with internal lid stiffeners for added rigidity
- SuperLatch™ security ensures your lid is secure to its base, and your gear is safe
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle
- Rear of cargo box tapered for improved hatch clearance
- Optional gear-management Cargo Net to secure gear (sold separately)
- Comes in 12, 16, 18 and 21 cubic feet. Matte black textured finish.
- SKS Lock Cores included
Lid is 50% stiffer than classic boxes, making it easier to open and shut.
New lid shape is easy to grab onto
New ergonomic Super Latch Security ensures lid is secure.
Quick-Installation mounting hardware fits round, square and most factory bars.
Produced: 2009 to present
History: Replaced 8007160, updated latching mechanism from old ball catch to super secure hook and post. Also made front and rear drive bar move independently. Changed the lid supports in February 2010. Upgraded to Zinc die cast handle in October 2010.
Weight: 41 lbs.
Dimensions: 92" x 24" x 16"
Capacity: 12 cu feet. Varies by application. Fits crossbar spreads of 24" thru 42". See Fit List for specific vehicle information.
MSRP $399.00 USD
Q: What is the box made out of?A: ABS Plastic. We use ABS instead of fiberglass because it is lighter and less expensive, while still being really strong (=maximum value). Light weight is important because the lighter the box is, the more weight you can put into it.
Q: Will it fit on my factory rack?
A: We have done extensive testing on factory racks to see which ones are strong enough to handle a luggage box. We have also redesigned the mounting hardware to fit a variety of different crossbar shapes. Look in the Fit List to see if the RocketBox boxes are options in the list of accessories for your vehicle.
Q: Will it fit on my vehicle?
A: Different vehicles have different capacities. We need to consider weight capacity, crossbar spread, wind lift and other factors to answer that. Look in the Fit List to see if the Rocketbox boxes are options in the list of accessories for your vehicle.
Q: Can I drill new mounting holes in my gear box?
A: This is not a good idea. The mounting holes in all of the gear boxes are positioned to optimize durability and compatibility with appropriate crossbar spreads. Drilling holes to mount a box in some other way could compromise its design, not to mention, void the warranty.
You can order replacement parts from your local Yakima dealer, or directly from us by calling our Consumer Sales Representatives at 888.925.4621.
RPL,CAM PAD,MOUNTING HDW
RPL,SEAL STRIP SET,LNG
RPL,BALE PAD,PRO SERIES