The best way to play Lewis & Clark is in a canoe, and the gunwale gets your boat to the water safely. The soft, rounded shape carries your canoe by the gunwales, while the low height and rounded edges make loading and unloading gentle and easy on your vehicle and canoe.
- Soft, rounded shape for carrying your canoe by the gunwales
- Low height and rounded edges make loading and unloading gentle and easy
- Includes premium Heavy-Duty Straps coated metal buckles to protect boat and vehicle
- Combine with Bow/Stern Tie-Downs (sold separately) to complete boat stability
- Fits Yakima round and square crossbars
- Comes with 4 brackets per package
Learn more about Product features and installationDownload Instructions
- Weight: 2.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 3.50" X W 2.50" X H 3.75"
- Capacity: 1
Q: What can I carry with Gunwale Brackets?
A: They were originally made for canoes, but work well with any open-hull boat. They can be used to brace just about anything with a square corner, such as a ladder, lumber, etc.
Q: What else do I need to secure a load? A: Heavy Duty Tie Down straps, and for long loads, Bow/Stern Tie Downs add needed stability. With long loads, it is essential to secure the ends of the load to the ends of the vehicle to stabilize it against the hurricane-force winds created by traveling at highway speed. While any non-elastic tiedown that is strong enough can be used, Yakima's Bow/Stern Tie Down makes the job easy and takes good care of the car.
Q: Can I use these with MightyMounts/factory rack? A: No, these are designed to only work on round/square bars.
You can order replacement parts from your local Yakima dealer , or directly from us by calling our Consumer Sales Representatives at 888.925.4621.
HEAVY DUTY STRAPS
GUNWALE BRACKET REPLACEMENT
GUNWALE BRACKET HARDWARE