Effective June 24, 2014
We may collect several types of information from or about you through this Website, including information:
- by which you (and if submitted by you, other individuals), may be personally identified, such as names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and payment card information ("personal information");
- about any requests or transactions you submit to or conduct with us through this Website;
- that you submit to this Website to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of this Website, or transmit through this Website to other users of this Website (collectively, "user contributions"); and/or
- that is about you but does not individually identify you, such as your location data, and information about your internet connection, the equipment and browser you use to access this Website and usage details, which may include IP addresses, browsing actions and patterns, the referring page that linked you to us and the website you visit after this Website and other information collected through cookies and other automatic data collection technologies (collectively, "website usage information").
- If any information we collect from or about you is combined with personal information, we will treat that combined information as personal information. We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us or to third parties who are acting on our behalf or providing services for us in connection with the operations of this Website, or when you post this information on this Website; and
- automatically as you navigate through this Website. However, with regard to your location information, we automatically collect this information only after you grant us permission to do so.
Information You Provide to Us. You may provide, and we may collect, information from or about you through this Website in the following ways:
- When you complete and submit forms on this Website, including in connection with purchasing or registering a product or product warranty, signing up for our newsletter, requesting a catalog or posting a product review or other user contributions through this Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest, sweepstake or promotion sponsored by us.
- When you contact or correspond with us through this Website, including when you submit questions or comments to us or report a problem with this Website.
- When you make a request or carry out a transaction with us through this Website.
This policy applies to information we collect on Yakima.com, in e-mail and other electronic messages from you to us through this Website. It does not apply to job applications submitted to us through this Website; information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Yakima or any third party; or information collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with this Website, we or our service providers may collect your website usage information using automatic data collection technologies. The website usage information we or our service providers automatically collect is typically statistical data that does not individually identify you, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This type of information helps us improve this Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; gain information about your preferences or that would be relevant to you, allowing us to customize this Website or some of its features accordingly; and recognize you when you return to this Website.
We also may allow third parties to use automatic data collection technologies on this Website to collect information about your online activities over time and across other websites or online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt-out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser "do not track" signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash cookies. Certain features of this Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on this Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that manage browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Yakima to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics such as recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control these third parties' automatic data collection technologies or practices or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To operate, improve and present this Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to this Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy notice:
- To third parties we use to support our business. To a buyer, potential buyer, or other successor in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Yakima's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Yakima about this Website's users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yakima, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Automatic Data Collection Technologies. Our systems may not recognize "do not track" signals from your browser, but you can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If Flash cookies are used on this Website, you can manage your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Flash player settings page on Adobe's website.
- Promotional Offers from Yakima. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional email, you may follow the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the promotional email.
We also do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, you can opt-out of receiving interested-based ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting NAI's opt-out page and DAA's opt-out page.
We use reasonable security measures designed to protect your information collected through this Website. However, no method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or concerning this Website. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
In the unlikely event that we believe the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, if we have your email address, we may notify you by email. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please email us at [email protected] with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy Under the Age of 13. This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use this Website or submit any information on this Website or through any of its features. If you believe a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent and verification of parental consent, please contact us at [email protected] so we can investigate and delete that information.
Have a question? To ask questions or comment about this privacy notice and our privacy practices, contact us at: [email protected] or via telephone at: 888-925-4621